- 08062124623 | 08037217975
- PM News House, 27, ACME Road, Agidingbi, Ikeja, Lagos
The Association was established in 1995 and registered in 1997 with the Corporate Affairs Commission of Nigeria. Members are Animal Scientists in the various specializations of production and husbandry of farm animals/livestock across the 3sectors of Nigerian economy viz; industry, academics, research and policy. The Association is governed by the elected members of the Association into the National Executive Committee. The tenure of the current executives ended by September, 2020 and elections ought to have taken place but for the COVID 19 Pandemic which compelled the postponement of the Conference/Elections.
The 9th ASAN-NIAS Joint Annual Meeting (ABUJA 2020) will hold from 1st-4th Nov. 2020 and, elections into positions of the National Executive Committee will be conducted during the forthcoming 25th ASAN Annual General Meeting scheduled to hold on 2nd November, 2020.
Consequently, nominations are hereby invited from Regular members for the elective positions into the National Executive Committee.
ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA FOR NOMINATION INTO NEC POSITIONS
Members seeking to be nominated for NEC positions shall satisfy the following requirements:
* Shall be a regular member of the Association
* Shall be up-to-date in all the payment of his/her financial obligations to the Association from 2018 to date
* Shall be regular at Conferences
* Shall be nominated by two regular members who are up-to-date in the payment of their ASAN dues
* Has not been found guilty of any criminal offence by a court of competent jurisdiction
* Shall be present during the AGM
COLLECTION OF NOMINATION FORMS
Nomination forms will be available for collection from the website and also upon enquiries from the Secretariat with effect from 6th October, 2020 and completed forms should be submitted by email, surface post or delivered by hand latest by midnight on 31st OCTOBER, 2020 to the Association’s addresses listed below
TENURE OF OFFICE
GUIDELINES/ELIGIBILITY FOR VOTING
DECLARATION OF RESULTS
National Secretariat, PM News (Press House), Suite 27, 1st Floor, Acme Road,
Agidingbi, Ikeja, Lagos.
Telephone: +2348034239319; +2348172025809.